Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Friends: Saying Goodbye Part 1

So the hard part about starting a new life in a new City, is saying goodbye to the life you built in the one you were just in. I embraced Phoenix and thought it was my forever home. I planted my roots and watered them and established connections with neighbors, my community, my children's school and many wonderful friends. I am very blessed and will continue to call many of these people my friends. You are only as far away as you let yourself get in your heart and mind.

My neighbor Crissy had a going away gathering at her home for us the Friday before me moved. We got to say goodbye to everyone and the kids had a blast swimming and playing till way after dark! My husband said it best on Facebook:

"A big thanks to Michael Connors and his wonderful family for hosting our going away party last night. Almost 10 years of being neighbors to some of the best people I've had the pleasure of meeting. In their own ways they have all made my family and myself better people. You will be missed! I am blessed to call you all friends."




Some friends...


(Amber, Izzy, Rachel, Ella and Ryen)


(Amber, Ella and Rachel)


(Ryen and Sawyer)

The Ladies!


(Lisa, Crissy, Me, Emily, Sara, Teresa and Kathryn)

Some more ladies!


(Jackie, Vincent- photo bomb, Yolanda, Elissa, Holly and Me)

The Boyz!


(Mike, Jimmy, Craig and Brandon)


(Danny, Greg and Todd) Vincent for the photobomb again! WIN!


(Kevin, Tom and Brandon)

The goofballs!! ha ha


(Hudson, Kassidy, Ella and Sawyer)

We had some great times in this 'hood over the last 10 years! It was fun but sad saying goodbye to Cooper Corners East! We hope the family that bought our home has just as much fun living there, as we did. Thanks for the party guys!

Miss you all. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment