Saturday, October 19, 2013

Food: Chicken Lazone - Recipes

This looks delicious. I hope to make it this week. (I say that about everything I post ha ha)

UPDATE 10/28/13: So we had this a few nights ago. It was... just ok. For us grown ups it seemed to be missing something in the flavor department. We cooked it exactly as directed. Ella loved it and wolfed down two helps. Our neighbor's daughter loved it too and declared it "delicious". My picky eater daughter called it disgusting. (Her reviews can not be trusted). Jimmy and I would have liked it if it had 1) MORE Garlic 2) some veggies to jazz it up... either tomatoes or spinach or green, red, and yellow peppers! YUM!!!  PS we had ours over rice. So I can't say I would rush to make it again (the heavy cream I can live without and honestly if I am going to eat something that heavy and fattening it better be damn tasty) haha!!

Chicken Lazone
Recipe found on food.com. Photo credit: Plain Chicken

Chicken Lazone looks like a very versatile dish. I have seen photos of it served over pasta (like below), with a side of mashed potatoes, over rice, with a side of veggies, and over egg noodles. Guess it is up to what you are feeling! I also think this is a type of dish you can add peppers, veggies, mushrooms too if you want. The possibilities are endless.



Ingredients:
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 lb chicken tenders
1/4 cup butter, divided
2 cups heavy cream

Directions:
Combine salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.  Sprinkle over both sides of chicken tenders. 

In large saute pan, melt half of the butter over medium-high heat.  Cook the chicken tenders until done, about 8 minutes. 

Pour the cream and remaining butter into the skillet.  Lower heat and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.  Serve chicken and sauce over pasta or mashed potatoes, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment