Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Friends: Saying Goodbye Part II

After our neighbors had a party for us, it was time for me to say goodbye to my best friends. This was brutal. These girls... oh these girls. These girls own a piece of my heart and a piece of my soul. Forever. There is no distance I could move that could ever change that. We have been through everything together. Marriages, divorces, pregnancies, babies, loss of a child, loss of parents, loss of pregnancies, moving, new jobs, spiritual milestones, joys, ups, downs, highs, lows, Holidays, Birthdays and tons and tons of laughter. I truly love each of them very much for what they have brought to my life and my children and I am blessed for having known them.



The girls and I got together for dinner at Cantina Laredo. I tried to go around the table and speak with and take pics with each person there. Looks like I missed getting pictures with Stephanie, Trish and Danielle who came later. :(


Susan (and baby #3 on board)


Brooke


Keely and Tanya


Kim


Nina and Michella


Jessica, Nina and Erin


Adrianna


Sue


Paulina

After dinner we went next door so I could have FROST Gelato for the last time (cry) until I come back to visit that is...


Clockwise from L-R: Brooke, Tanya, Susan, Sue, Nina, Paulina, Me, Kim, Jessica and Michella

I fought back tears most of the night. I couldn't even read the card they gave me that they all took the time to sign. Many of them gave me gifts that were so thoughtful and touching. I got a Phoenix Mug so I will "never forget where I came from" ha ha (My Boston friends may disagree with that one) and a small colorful cactus as a reminder of Phoenix. And lastly, a framed heart cut out of the City of Chandler on Google Maps which shows exactly where my neighborhood was. I LOVE them and cherish them. But better than the gifts were the loving words of my friends in speeches, phone calls, texts, emails, FB rants, and cards that literally left me speechless. And those of you that know me, know I can TALK. It was so incredibly humbling to have people telling me how much I meant to them, that I was the glue that held them all together, and that I had touched their lives in ways that had impacted them forever, that I NEVER knew. I thought I was the lucky one to have these beautiful souls in my life, and they were sure to tell me they felt the same about me. It is these words and well wishes and cards and notes and CDs that I listen to when I am missing them all. And I am thankful for Facebook that I can stay in touch with them all daily and still feel like I am just down the road.

I love you all like sisters. I love your children like my own. That will never change no matter where we end up in life. I can not wait to see you all again in February when I come visit for Sue's wedding :) xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment