Sunday, October 20, 2013

Family Fun: Eric Carle Show at Batte Auditorium

The girls and I have always loved Eric Carle books. Obviously our favorite is The Very Hungry Caterpillar but there are others that we like just as much. The mixed up Chameleon and Little Cloud are more favorites. So I was thrilled and intrigued to find there was a live show that was going to bring his books to life. I didn't understand how, but I bought tickets and the girls and I were off for a date day :)

We had to drive to Wingate University to the Batte Auditorium. Which was beautiful by the way.




We had front row center seats!!



The show was incredible. It was a blacklight show where the colors were so vibrant and bright!



After the show they had a Q&A with the puppeteers and creators of the show.




Afterwards the girls and I went outside and I LOVE these photos I got of my girls in front of the beautiful fountain.



Fun with shadow shapes!



Next we made wishes and threw pennies in the fountain. One for each girl. And I made two! One for me and Jimmy.



Then it was cartwheels and handstands on the lawn before we headed off for some dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment