Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Food: PB Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites- Healthy Living Recipes

Gotta try this one!! Love making healthier options for me and the kids and a way to sneak more chick peas into their diet! I will update post after I make it...

**UPDATE: ok so I made these and here are a few comments. First off, mine look nothing like the photo!! Second, I had to churn the mixture in my food processor for quite a while to make sure all the chick peas were completely smoothed out. This made my mixture very warm. I should have let it cool a bit before adding the chocolate chips, or should have FROZE them first. Cause as soon as I added them to the mixture they melted.  Before they even hit the oven. So my batter was more chocolate then chocolate chip. Third, I was not crazy about the taste of them warm from the oven. Not sure why. So I refrigerated them and definitely like the taste of them better refrigerated. Lastly, my oldest daughter ate 1 but has not asked for any more. My youngest took a bite but didn't like it and gave it back to me. So needless to say I am disappointed. I may try ONE more time, cause I don't mind them, but I think they do need a little sugar in them. Or liquid Stevia for you freakish health nuts! Perhaps some almonds or walnuts... :) Carry on!



NAILED IT!!! (lol- NOT!) By the way this was the first batch. The second batch look like chocolate cookies. Whoops Don't they look so appetizing, delicious, moist, scrumptious and gooey like the above photo... ;)



NO FLOUR, NO OIL, NO WHITE SUGAR
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups canned* chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (165 grams) natural peanut butter (can use PB2 from gym to make healthier, check your labels)
1/4 cup (80 grams) honey (agave would be amazing too!)
1 teaspoon baking powder**
a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn’t have salt in it
1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips

* My can was a 400 gram can, 240 grams without the water, and I used all but a few tablespoons

** If you need grain-free baking powder, you can use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot.

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C.

Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re combined.

Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.

With wet hands, form into 1 1/2″ balls. Place onto a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don’t do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes.

Yields about fourteen 1 1/2″ cookie dough balls.

*** Don't even try with regular peanut butter! They'll come out oily. You MUST use natural peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment